Weddings – Terms and Conditions
Quotations, Pricing and, Deposits
Quotations and pricing
Please contact one of our Wedding Co-Ordinators to discuss your requirements, proposed dates and pricing.
Please see the contact button on the bottom right of our Weddings page, accessible from our main Menu bar.
A deposit is required
A non-refundable deposit of R16 000 is required to secure your booking. Your booking will only be confirmed when the proof of payment is received and the funds have reflected on our bank account. This deposit only guarantees the venue availability for the date originally booked. Should you cancel your function, this deposit may be applied for an alternative available date, but will unfortunately not be refunded to you. We only host one wedding per weekend so as to be able to make sure you and your GUESTS get the attention and excellent service you so deserve for your special day.
Venue hire: R16 000 to book.
The Venue Hire Includes the Following:
- Use of the venue from 08h00 till 01h00 on the day of the wedding
- The Plus Factors Bundled in .. – see heading above.
- 4 waiters (1 per 10 GUESTS).
- 1 Barman (1 per 30 GUESTS).
- Silver Plain Cutlery, Glassware and White Crockery.
- White table cloths and napkins.
- Tables and chairs.
- The Services of our Qualified and Experienced Wedding Coordinator.
Facilities and Items Not Included in the Venue Hire
- Bar: Bar Tab (Cash or bar Tab limit or combination) – you are more than welcome to bring your own wines and/or champagne, should you wish to do so. However, this will be subject to a corkage fee of R150 per bottle. Wines and/or champagnes to be supplied by wedding party should be agreed to with the Wedding Coordinator and corkage paid for in advance.
- PA SYSTEM OR OTHER EQUIPMENT: TV screens and overhead projector are available at an extra cost.
- DÉCOR AND FLOWERS: Draping and flowers for the function are not included in the venue hire. All decorations to be discussed with the Wedding Coordinator to ensure that no damage is done to the venue. The following items fall under decorations and will not be supplied by the hotel: Dance Floor; Candles and Fairy lights / Lanterns; Place cards; Under Plates; Seating Plan; Center Pieces; Runners; Chair covers; Table Numbers; Menu Cards; Programmes and Confetti. Please see our preferred suppliers list for assistance in sourcing out reputable and reliable suppliers.
- PHOTOGRAPHERS/ DJ/ MINISTER: This is for the Bridal Couple’s own arrangement. Please see our preferred supplier’s List for assistance.
- Confetti: Only flower petals, bubbles and sparklers can be used as confetti.
- WAITERS AND BARMEN: Additional waiters/ waitresses are available at a ratio of one waiter per 10 GUESTS for buffet at R90 per waiter/waitress per hour charged one hour prior to reception. One Barman is included in the venue hire to cater for groups of up to 30 people. Every extra 30 GUESTS (or part thereof) will require one extra barman at R110 per Barman per hour (minimum 5 hours). Booking in advance is essential and subject to availability.
- BABYSITTER FACILITIES: Babysitters can be requested at an extra charge. Minimum of 1 babysitter per 4 children at the reception venue @R100 per hour. Booking in advance is essential and subject to availability.
- MENUS: All Menus and Prices on Menus are subject to change without prior notice.
- Catering: For an extensive menu collection, feel free to ask your coordinator and should you wish to make any changes our chef would be delighted to assist you. Halaal/Vegetarian catering can be arranged at an additional charge, but for no more than 10% of your total numbers.
- Self Catering: No outside catering / self-catering will be allowed.
- Plated Menus: Plated menus are available on request only.
Accommodation for Wedding Guests
- Any accommodation additional to the Plus Factors Bundled In …. – see heading above can be booked with the Wedding Coordinator and will require 50% deposit for such bookings to be confirmed. The remaining 50% can be paid prior or upon arrival before receiving the key.
- No provisional bookings and/or holding of the rooms will be made.
- When booking Protea Hotel by Marriot Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite, the venue hire includes accommodation for the Bride and Groom and as described in Plus Factors Bundled in …. See heading above only, and any other accommodation needs to be booked if required
- When wedding accommodation is booked we require 50% Deposit to confirm such bookings. No accommodation will be booked provisionally
- We do note hold ourselves responsible for the safe keeping or custody of any property or goods placed or left on the premises, nor of any persons visiting the Hotel. Under no circumstances will we make good or accept responsibility or liability in respect of any damage, theft, loss or injury, however caused
- All GUESTS that enter Parktonian All-Suite Hotel are required to sign an indemnity on arrival. No individual may sign on behalf of a family or group. We regrettably cannot accept any GUESTS not signing such an indemnity
- Please note that our facilities are NON-SMOKING. We do not have designated smoking areas
- RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
- We do require that adult supervision of any children is maintained at all times. Remember that we a tall city building, no kids are allowed on the balconies or SKY BAR area unsupervised
- All Suppliers will have access to the venue as of 08h00 the morning of the wedding
- All décor and flowers should be removed the morning after the wedding by 09h00
- No Parktonian member of Staff is allowed to remove external supplier’s décor items
- Failing to remove décor and flowers will result in a clearing charge being raised
- The hotel is not liable for any breakages or missing items should the supplier fail to arrive and remove their décor items on time
- Protea Hotel by Marriot Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite does not accept any responsibility for décor companies, their service or the décor items
- Normal check-in times are applicable to all wedding GUESTS (i.e. 14h00)
- Please be advised that a final coordination meeting must take place no less than fourteen working days prior to the wedding date. This is the meeting that is dedicated to making the last and final changes
- In order to ensure a successful and stress free event we respectfully request that no last minute changes are made on the day of the wedding. Changes should be made no later than fourteen days prior to the wedding by an authorized person and should be doe via the Wedding Coordinator and no other members of staff. All changes must be documented on the wedding arrangement’s document which will be provided to you by your Wedding Coordinator. The document must be signed off by the Bride and Groom and Wedding Coordinator, fourteen days prior to the wedding
- All rates quoted include VAT 15%. All rates are subject to change
- Our Wedding Coordinator is available to see you by prior appointment only
- Entertainment will be subject to the approval of the Hotel Management
- The ceremony and reception venues booked will be exclusive to the wedding GUESTS but hotel accommodation is only exclusive if all 300 Suites are booked by the wedding party. Failure to book all 300 Suites means we will have other GUESTS using the accommodation and restaurant facilities
Other Terms and Conditions
- A non-refundable payment of R16 000 is required to secure your booking/date and venue. Your booking will only be confirmed when proof of payment is received and funds reflecting on our bank. This deposit guarantees venue availability for the date originally booked.
- To confirm your wedding your Proof of Payment must be accompanied by the completed booking sheet and signed Terms and Conditions.
- By paying the deposit you automatically agree to out Terms and Conditions. Deposits will only be accepted by credit card or debit bank transfer. Please see banking details below. Deposits will only be accepted by credit card or direct bank transfer. No cheques will be accepted.
- Please forward Proof of Payment to the Wedding Coordinator and please always add your reference number as well as the signed Terms and Conditions.
- Accommodation will be booked for the Bride and the Groom for the night before the wedding and Bridal Suite for the night of the wedding. Any additional accommodation booked for either the night before the wedding or the night of the wedding requires full payment. No accommodation will be provisionally booked. Hotel’s normal accommodation Terms and Conditions apply.
- Once deposit has been paid, first wedding meeting will be set up with your Wedding Coordinator. In this meeting your wedding arrangements will be discussed and an initial invoice drawn based on your requirement. 50% of the initial invoice needs to be paid no less than 3 months prior to your wedding.
- After the final wedding arrangement’s meeting, the updated and final invoice will be sent to you. The final invoice must be paid in no less than 21 days
- Changes and/ or additions: No changes and/or additions will be allowed 14 days prior to the wedding. Should there be changes made within the acceptable time after the final invoice has been paid an extras invoice will be generated and sent to you. The extras invoice may relate to BAR accounts, overtime hours exceeding the venue hours, damages and incidentals. This invoice is to be settled in full at check-out. Should there be problems with settling the extras invoice at check-out, both the Bride and Groom must sign the extras invoice and make sure it is settled within 5 working days after the wedding.
- Cancellations: The initial confirmation deposit for venue hire in non-refundable and will not be refunded should you cancel the wedding.
- 1. If the wedding is cancelled two months prior to the wedding, a 50% cancellation fee of the total wedding account will be charged.
- 2. If the wedding is cancelled one month and less prior to the wedding, a 100% cancellation fee of the total wedding account will be charged.
- Postponements: Postponements may only be done more two months before the original date booked. Should you postpone your wedding for whatever reasons, the Parktonian may move the money paid to us onto the new date. This will only be allowed with the written permission from the General Manager.
- An appointment must be made with the Wedding Coordinator to discuss final wedding arrangements a minimum of 21 days prior to your wedding.
- Final GUEST numbers and all arrangements must be received no less than 21 days prior to the wedding.
- Corkage on wines or champagne will be charged at R150.00 per 750ml bottle. Full payment must be made on the number of bottles to be brought in 10 days prior to the function. NO other Alcoholic/non Alcoholic drinks may be brought in.
- Wine lists and BAR prices are available on request and subject to market fluctuation. Final price lists will be available 21 days prior to the wedding.
- We are not allowed to serve alcohol to persons under the age of 18 years. No persons under the age of 18 years are permitted at the BAR. GUESTS are not permitted to bring any food or beverages to the hotel UNLESS agreed in advance with the Wedding Coordinator and the agreement must be documented on the final Wedding Arrangements document that is signed by all parties. A breach on these conditions will result in an extra charge being added to the final bill representing the amount that the hotel would have otherwise charged for any food or beverages should they have been purchased on site.
- Additional waiters are available should you require additional waiters at R90 per waiter per hour charged from one hour prior to the start of your reception.
- Gratuities are at your own discretion.
- All damages to the hotel and/or hotel facilities will be charged directly to the main wedding account.
- We do no hold ourselves responsible for the safe-keeping or custody of any property or goods placed or left on the premises, nor of any persons visiting the hotel. Under no circumstances will we make good or accept responsibility or liability in respect of any damage, theft, loss or injury, however caused.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite will not be held responsible for any services from a third party whether from our preferred suppliers’ list or not.
- All suppliers will be responsible for bringing all their equipment e.g. ladders, extensions, multi plugs, microphones etc. Parktonian All-Suite does not supply any of these items.
- We do not allow any flower arrangement on site. All flowers must be done off-site and brought in completed. We will not be held responsible for any flowers and/or Décor items in safe keeping or any damage to these items.
- Anything hired in on behalf of the guest will be charged directly to the guest. Parktonian All-Suite will charge a 25% handling fee plus VAT.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite will not take any responsibility for the wedding cake the day before or after the wedding, or should it not be collected on the day after the wedding.
- Check-in and Check-out times: Normal check in and check out times apply to guests checking into the suites for the wedding. Check in is 14h00 and Check out is 10h00. Should you require earlier use of the suites it is advisable to book accommodation the night before the wedding.
- Once the final wedding arrangements document has been signed, Parktonian All-Suite hotel will use this as the sole specification to facilitate your wedding, any changes to this signed document must be made in writing (14 days prior).
- The venue will be available to you from 08h00 on you wedding day.
- Please be advised that all final operational details, as well as cleaning, will be completed by Parktonian All-Suite Hotel no less than two hours prior to your ceremony service.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite will not accept any responsibility for any deviation by you from the signed final wedding arrangements.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite will not accept any responsibility for poor service deliverance be it actions and/or opinions from a third party supplier, whether recommended or otherwise.
- All third party supplier details must be made known to Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite no later than the final appointment (14 days prior to the wedding date).
- No liquor other than that documented on the wedding arrangements documents or supplied by the hotel may be consumed on site. No outside or private catering is permitted at the Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite.
- The venue is available to you until 01h00. Should you exceed the times a charge of R3000.00 per hour or part thereof will be levied to your account.
- Music must be turned down at 24h00 as the hotel might be hosting guests other than the wedding guests.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite reserves the right to close the BAR at any time, at its discretion to protect the property, guests or staff of the hotel.
- You will be allocated a wedding coordinator and event manager as well as staff to run your wedding. This staffing allocation will be done at our discretion and will be to the level that we see functional to run a successful wedding.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite or any of its employees do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage of personal property or that of a 3rd party supplier.
- All damages caused to the venue / hotel (structural), cutlery, crockery, linen and furniture will be charged directly to the client. (Signatory as per the service agreement).
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite reserves the right to cancel any booking (provisional or confirmed) forthwith and without liability on its part, in the case of any damage and /or destruction cause to the venue/hotel by fire, acts of God, industrial unrest and any other cause beyond the control of Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite which shall prevent the hotel from performing its obligations. However, in these circumstances, the hotel will make all possible reasonable efforts possible with available resources to assist in finding an alternative venue for your wedding.
- All decorations are to be discussed with the wedding coordinator prior to proceeding, to ensure no damage is done to the venue. The hotel does not take responsibility for moving the décor around.
- No fireworks or wish lanterns will be allowed on the property.
- No animals may be brought onto the hotel.
- No candles are allowed to be placed directly on the table linen. It is your responsibility to ensure that the appropriate precautions are made in this regard. Candle holders must be wide enough to prevent the wax from dripping onto any Parktonian table linen (including linen napkins). Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite reserves the right to remove any candles, should such precaution not be taken. The hotel furthermore reserves the right to charge the client (signatory of service agreement) in full for any damages caused to any table linen as a result of burns or wax drippings.
- Please be advised that all decorations must be removed the morning after the function from the venue, alternative arrangements can be discussed with the coordinator.
- Should decorations not be removed by the agreed time, Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite will not accept any responsibility for any damages to such decorations, should this have to be removed by our staff.
- Only flower petals, bubbles and sparklers may be used as confetti. Strictly no tinsel, paper or paper streamers allowed.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT and exclude any staff gratuity.
|Bride’s Name:||Groom’s Name:|
|Groom’s ID Number:||Groom’s Signature:|
|Bride’s ID Number:||Bride’s Signature:|
|Signed at:||On (Date):|
|On Behalf of Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite|
|Name in Print:||Signature:|