Ground Floor Public Rooms
The hotel’s public facilities are designed to be convenient and comfortable for guests. These are features that attract guests to the hotel, boost occupancy and flow through into higher financial returns and greater capital growth for our Sectional Title hotel room investors.
- The hotel is entered via a spacious forecourt and entrance portico.
- The foyer is attractive and spacious, tiled in Italian marble, and befits our premier Johannesburg hotel accommodation establishment.
- The “Meridians” Cocktail Bar bar is open all day. Also, our “The Orchard” restaurant is open all day for meals, coffee and snacks.
- The ground floor also houses our main conference rooms, some of the most substantial of Johannesburg’s conference venues.
- For very large conferences, the hotel also uses the adjoining Braamfontein Recreation Centre convention venue, one of the largest public rooms available for conferences in Johannesburg.
- In addition, in the hotel, on the floors above the ground floor, there is another conference room and many separate meeting rooms, catering for Johannesburg conferences requiring breakaway sessions.
- Advanced projection and other presentation facilities are available to conference organisers.
- A subsidiary entrance at the rear of the building links to the adjoining Parkade, via a covered walkway. This Parkade is owned by the hotel, on long leasehold, and provides 440 covered parking bays for public and hotel use. This parking garage provides ample and easy parking for users of our Johannesburg conference venues.
- Phased refurbishment is done to public areas, so reasonable quality standards are always maintained.