Ground Floor Public Rooms
Our hotel’s public facilities are designed to offer convenience and comfort to all our guests.
The following are features that attract guests to the hotel, so boosting occupancy and providing income and capital growth for our Sectional Title hotel investors:
- The hotel is entered via a spacious forecourt and entrance portico.
- The foyer is attractive and spacious, tiled in Italian marble, and befits our premier Johannesburg hotel accommodation establishment.
- Both our Meridians Cocktail Bar and The Orchards Restaurant are open all day, for added convenience for guests.
- The ground floor also houses our main conference rooms, some of the most substantial of Johannesburg’s conference venues.
- For very large conferences, the hotel also uses the adjoining Braamfontein Recreation Centre convention venue, one of the largest public rooms available for conferences in Johannesburg.
- In addition, in the hotel, on the floors above the ground floor, there is another conference room and many separate meeting rooms, catering for Johannesburg conferences requiring breakaway sessions.
- Advanced projection and other presentation facilities are available to conference organisers.
- A subsidiary entrance at the rear of the building links to the adjoining Parkade, via a covered walkway. This Parkade is owned by the hotel, on long leasehold, and provides 440 covered parking bays for public and hotel use. This parking garage provides ample and easy parking for our visitors and guests.
- Phased refurbishment is done to public areas, so that high quality standards are always maintained.