Advantages For Hotel Guests and Conference Delegates
Advantages Provided In Our Hotel
The hotel offers many attractions for hotel guests and conference delegates:
- A Luxury Suite for the Price of a Room: Our hotel is one of the very few Johannesburg hotels where every room is a suite, offering spacious and well priced accommodation. With us, our hotel guests get a suite for the price of a room! This will make your stay in Johannesburg a unique and positive leisure or business experience.
- Fully Equipped Spacious Suite: Our 300 modern suites all have not only a separate bedroom and bathroom, but also a large lounge. This has lounge seating and also a proper full sized desk with leather chair, full flat screen TV (DSTV), WiFi facilities, on-desk land-line telephone and plug in facilities for a computer and cell phone charger.. The granite tea/coffee counter has a mini-bar fridge and sink.
- Visiting businessman find that they can work efficiently and can have business meetings in comfort in their suite…
- Each suite also has a balcony, and many have extensive views over the Johannesburg cityscape..
- Some of our guests stay so long that our suite becomes their Johannesburg apartment!
- We are Modernising to Suit Younger Guests: The demographics of our guests is changing: The average age of our hotel guests and conference delegates is reducing. Older guests are being replaced with younger ones, many of them Millennials. They look for state of the art technology and for socially interactive hotels. So, we are successfully catering to these needs in our modernisation of the hotel, and capturing the loyalty of these younger guests, by promoting a culture of “we care about you”.
- Marriott Bonvoy Benefits: We have had a business relationship with Protea Hotels for over 30 years. In about 2014 Protea Hotels was taken over by the Marriott Hotels group. In 2015 we extended our franchise with Protea by Marriott for a period of 10 years. We are now proud to be a franchisee of the largest hotel group in the world! Tremendous benefits accrue to our guests and conference delegates who register with and use Marriott Bonvoy loyalty cards. These cards are honoured by some 6 700 Marriott linked establishments worldwide.
- Compolimentary Shuttle Bus Servive: This service offers guests and conference delegates free trips by prior arrangement to and from various business and entertainment areas close to the hotel: the Newtown Precinct, Constitution Hill, Gold Reef City Casino, and various shopping malls and restaurants. Our transport company is on site, for all transport arrangements.
- Nightlife: There is nightlife at the hotel’s own Meridians Bar and also at our Skylevel bar and terrace.
- Exceptional Security: Our hotel has made a feature of offering exceptional security, including in our undercover parking for 440 vehicles.
Advantages Provided By Our Location
- Prime Location We are located in the centre of the Constitutional Hill / Civic / Gautrain Park Station precinct of Johannesburg. We are the major hotel serving this precinct and the surrounding areas of central Johannesburg, Parktown and Braamfontein.
- This precinct encompasses the Joburg Theatre, the Joburg Metro Centre, the historic Constitution Hill complex, with its South African Constitutional Court and the Gautrain Johannesburg Park Station terminus. The hotel thus has some major attractions located nearby.
- Nearby Gaitrain Station We are the only major central Johannesburg / Parktown / Braamfontein hotel that is very near the Johannesburg Gautrain Johannesburg terminus at Park Station. So, hotel guests and conference delegates now have quick and easy access to the airport as well as to Rosebank, Sandton, Midrand and Pretoria.
- We even bundle in free Gautrain tickets with some of our conferencing packages. Our complimentary shuttle service will collect you and drop you off at the Gautrain station.
- Huge Business Prospects In our Trade Area The major complexes and facilities close to the hotel include Gauteng Provincial and Johannesburg Local Government offices, corporate, banking and institutional headquarters, universities, political and trade union headquarters, theatres, hospitals, court facilities (including the Constitutional Court), sporting facilities and transport hubs (Park Station and the Gautrain terminal).
- The Newtown Cultural Precinct with its Apartheid Museum, restaurants, jazz clubs, SA Breweries Centenary Centre and other night life is a short ride away via our complimentary shuttle service.
- There are sporting and team building venues nearby, such as Emirates Park and FNB Stadium, also served by our complimentary shuttle service
- East Access The nearby Gautrain and the M1 freeway makes this one of the most easy to access and conveniently located hotels in Johannesburg.
- Local Urban Improvement Initiatives A recent major street and pedestrian walkway upgrade has put the hotel in the centre of a far reaching urban renewal initiative, linking the Gautrain Park Station with the Joburg Theatre, the Metro Centre, the historic Constitution Hill complex (including the Constitutional Court) and other nearby attractions like the Nelson Mandela Bridge and Wits University.