Advantages For Hotel Guests and Conference Delegates
Advantages Provided In Our Hotel
Hotel room occupancy drives the income growth and capital growth flowing to our hotel room Sectional Title owners. This occupancy is in turn generated by the attractiveness of the hotel to hotel guests and conference delegates.
Below we list the advantages our hotel guests and conference delegates enjoy from using the Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite:
- The hotel is one of the very few Johannesburg hotels where every room is a suite, offering spacious and well priced accommodation. With us, our hotel guests get a suite for the price of a room! This will make your stay in Johannesburg a unique and positive leisure or business experience.
- Our 300 modern suites all have separate bedroom, bathroom, and a large lounge with a proper work desk with leather chair, full flat screen TV (DSTV) and WiFi facilities. The granite tea/coffee counter has a mini-bar fridge and sink. Each suite also has a balcony, and many have extensive views over the surrounding areas of Braamfontein, Parktown and Johannesburg city and surrounds.
- Our suites are ideal for the visiting businessman, as they have a large lounge with a full sized desk. This is equipped with an adjustable desk lamp, comfortable leather chair, on desk telephone, and plug in facilities for your computer and cell phone charger. You can work efficiently and in comfort.
- Some of our guests stay so long that our suite becomes their Johannesburg apartment!
- The 4 star Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All Suite is the major hotel serving Braamfontein, Johannesburg, and Parktown.
- The demographics of our guests is changing: The average age of our hotel guests and conference delegates is reducing. Older guests are being replaced with younger ones, many of them Millennials. They look for state of the art technology and for socially interactive hotels. So, we are successfully catering to these needs in our modernisation of the hotel, and capturing the loyalty of these younger guests, by promoting a culture of “we care about you”.
- We have had a mutually beneficial business relationship with Protea Hotels for over 30 years. In about 2014 Protea Hotels was taken over by the Marriott Hotels group. In 2015 we extended our franchise with Protea by Marriott for a period of 10 years. WE are now proud to be a franchisee of the largest hotel group in the world! Tremendous benefits accrue to our guests and conference delegates who utilise their Marriott loyalty cards. These cards are honoured by thousands of Marriott linked establishments world wide.
- We offer a complimentary shuttle bus to various entertainment areas close to the hotel: Gold Reef City Casino, Rosebank Shopping Mall, cinemas and restaurants.
- Our Transport Company is on site, for all transport arrangements.
- There is nightlife at the hotel’s own Meridians Bar and also at our Skylevel bar and terrace.
- Secure undercover parking for 440 vehicles.
- The Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Parktonian All-Suite has made a feature of offering exceptional security. This has been an important factor in the Parktonian’s success as one of the premier providers of Johannesburg hotel accommodation.
Advantages Provided By Our Location
- Our hotel is located in the heart of the civic precinct, in Braamfontein, Johannesburg. This precinct encompasses the Joburg Theatre, the Metro Centre, the historic Constitution Hill complex, with its South African Constitutional Court and the Gautrain Johannesburg Park Station terminus. The hotel thus has some major attractions located nearby.
- The probability is that what brings a hotel guest to Johannesburg is fairly close to the hotel. There are more major facilities close to the hotel that at almost any other hotel in the country. These include Gauteng Provincial and Johannesburg Local Government offices, corporate, banking and institutional headquarters, universities, political and trade union headquarters, theatres, hospitals, court facilities (the Constitutional Court), sporting facilities and transport hubs (Park Station and the Gautrain terminal).
- Nearby Access to Gautrain and the M1 freeway makes this one of the most easy to access and conveniently located hotels in Johannesburg.
- We are the only major central Johannesburg / Braamfontein / Parktown hotel that is near the Johannesburg Gautrain Johannesburg terminus at Park Station. So, hotel guests and conference delegates now have quick and easy access to the airport as well as to Rosebank, Sandton, Midrand and Pretoria.
- A major street and pedestrian walkway upgrade that is currently underway will put the hotel in the centre of a far reaching urban renewal initiative, linking the Gautrain Park Station with the Johannesburg civic precinct and the rest of Braamfontein.
- Newtown Cultural Precinct with its restaurants, jazz clubs and other night life, Sandton City Shopping Mall, cinemas and restaurants.
- We have historical attractions nearby, such as SA Breweries Centenary Centre, Wits University, Constitutional Court, Apartheid Museum and Nelson Mandela Bridge.
- There are sporting and team building venues nearby, such as Emirates Park, FNB Stadium and Constitution Hill walking tours.
- There are also nightlife attractions nearby, such as Joburg Theatre, SA Breweries Centenary Centre, Melrose Arch, with its wonderfully lively and chic pavement café-type restaurants and Newtown Cultural Precinct, with its theatres, restaurants and clubs.