Advantages For Hotel Guests and Conference Delegates
Advantages Provided In Our Hotel
The hotel offers many attractions for hotel guests and conference delegates:
- A Luxury Suite for the Price of a Room: Our hotel is one of the very few Johannesburg hotels where every room is a suite, offering spacious and well priced accommodation. With us, our hotel guests get a suite for the price of a room! This will make your stay in Johannesburg a unique and positive leisure or business experience.
- Fully Equipped Spacious Suite: Every one of our 300 modern suites has not only a separate bedroom and bathroom, but also a large lounge. The lounge is furnished with seating and a full-sized desk with leather chair, full flat screen TV (DSTV), WiFi facilities, on-desk land-line telephone and plug in facilities for a computer and cell phone charger. The granite tea/coffee counter has a mini-bar fridge and sink.
- Visiting travellers find that they can work efficiently and can have business meetings in comfort in their suite…
- Each suite also has a balcony, and many have extensive views over the Johannesburg cityscape..
- Some of our guests stay so long that our suite becomes their Johannesburg apartment!
- We are Modernising to Suit Younger Guests: Among our guests of all ages, we have also seen an influx of younger guests of the Millennial demographic. They seek state of the art technology and socially interactive hotels. For this reason, we strive to successfully cater to these needs with the modernisation of the hotel, as well as capturing the loyalty of these younger guests by giving them what they want.
- Marriott Bonvoy Benefits: We have had a business relationship with Protea Hotels for over 30 years. In 2014 Protea Hotels was taken over by the Marriott Hotels group. In 2015 we extended our franchise with Protea by Marriott for a period of 10 years. We are now proud to be a franchisee of the largest hotel group in the world! Tremendous benefits accrue to our guests and conference delegates who register with and use Marriott Bonvoy loyalty cards. These cards are honoured by some 6 900 Marriott linked establishments worldwide.
- Complimentary Shuttle Bus Service: This service offers guests and conference delegates free trips by prior arrangement to and from various business and entertainment areas close to the hotel: the Newtown Precinct, Constitution Hill, Gold Reef City Casino, and various shopping malls and restaurants. Our transport company is on site, for all transport arrangements.
- Nightlife: There is nightlife at the hotel’s own Meridians Bar and also at our Skylevel bar and terrace.
- Exceptional Security: At the Parktonian, we pride ourselves in offering an exceptional level of security and safety to all of our guests, and this is included in our undercover parking for 440 vehicles.
Advantages Provided By Our Location
- Prime Location: We are located in the centre of the Constitutional Hill / Civic / Gautrain Park Station precinct of Johannesburg. We are the major hotel serving this precinct and the surrounding areas of central Johannesburg, Parktown and Braamfontein.
- This precinct encompasses the Joburg Theatre, the Joburg Metro Centre, the historic Constitution Hill complex, with its South African Constitutional Court and the Gautrain Johannesburg Park Station terminus. The hotel thus has some major attractions located nearby.
- Nearby Gautrain Station: We are the only major central Johannesburg / Parktown / Braamfontein hotel that is in close proximity to the Johannesburg Gautrain Terminus at Park Station. So, hotel guests and conference delegates now have quick and easy access to the airport as well as to Rosebank, Sandton, Midrand and Pretoria.
- We even bundle in free Gautrain tickets with some of our conferencing packages. Our complimentary shuttle service will collect you and drop you off at the Gautrain station.
- Huge Business Prospects In our Trade Area: The major complexes and facilities close to the hotel include Gauteng Provincial and Johannesburg Local Government offices, corporate, banking and institutional headquarters, universities, political and trade union headquarters, theatres, hospitals, court facilities (including the Constitutional Court), sporting facilities and transport hubs (Park Station and the Gautrain terminal).
- The Newtown Cultural Precinct with its Apartheid Museum, restaurants, jazz clubs, SA Breweries Centenary Centre and other night life is a short ride away via our complimentary shuttle service.
- There are sporting and team building venues nearby, such as Emirates Park and FNB Stadium, also served by our complimentary shuttle service
- Easy Access: We are the only major central Johannesburg / Parktown / Braamfontein hotel that is very near the Johannesburg Gautrain Johannesburg terminus at Park Station. This allows our guests quick and easy access to the airport as well as to Rosebank, Sandton, Midrand and Pretoria.
- The nearby M1 freeway makes this one of the most conveniently located hotels in Johannesburg.
- Local Urban Improvement Initiatives: A recent major street and pedestrian walkway upgrade has put the hotel in the centre of a far-reaching urban renewal initiative, linking the Gautrain Park Station with the Joburg Theatre, the Metro Centre, the historic Constitution Hill complex (including the Constitutional Court) and other nearby attractions like the Nelson Mandela Bridge and Wits University.